Beauty/fashion/lifestyle ... A place for me to be me!
Tuesday, 1 September 2015
This year is really flying by! I feel like the closer we get to the end of the year, the faster its going! I'm kinda sad to say goodbye to August but I feel like September is month for change. I've finally finished all my exams so my evenings are free for me to get off my arse and actually do something and I'm excited to say hello to Autumn!
I feel like August was the month for skincare, I didn't really wear allot of makeup but I totally stepped up my skincare game!...
Monday, 24 August 2015
Ok, so let’s just touch on the almost 2 month hiatus I’ve taken from my little space on the internet, I won’t go on and on about it but long story short, I’ve had my final exams to study for (which I passed!!!) and I’ve also not been well lately :/ I want to try and start blogging regularly again now that all my free time isn’t eaten up by studying! I love blogging and talking about the things I want to talk about, anyways… I thought I would kick things off with a bit of a “lifestyle post”.
Wednesday, 15 July 2015
I've not been feeling well lately and when I'm off work sick I find myself browsing the interwebs... well, the inevitable happened and I ended up feeling pretty spendy, so I dragged the boyf shopping last weekend!
The Origins counter was right next door so it would have been very rude of me not to stop off there too, plus I’m almost out of my all-time favourite mask, the Origins Overnight Drink Up intensive mask, you know the one! I decided to treat myself to the full size of this! It smells incredible and my skin loves it, I’m pretty sure every girl/woman whose in to their skin care loves this mask!
I then decided that I wanted some Bumble & Bumble in my life as my Sunday Shampoo is on its way out – unfortunately, I couldn’t find this, I think they were out of stock, but I WAS NOT coming away empty handed so picked up the Bumble and Bumble Blow Dry Straight – I’ve used this before and it’s is a life saver for anyone with wavy, kinky hair. Its super good to use when you have a fringe and your hair is naturally wavey and you don’t want your fringe sticking out all over the place! It’s also a heat protectant too!
I'd say that's a pretty decent haul there - will keep you posted on the Clarins sun cream when I get a chance to use it!
Don't forget to check out my lil GIVEAWAY! xo
Monday, 13 July 2015
A few weeks back I mentioned in my skincare routine post that I had run out of my beloved Effaclar Duo [+] anti-blemish cream, well the lovely people over at La Roche-Posay very kindly sent me another tube… they also sent me one to give away to one you lovely lot! How nice!
I’m just gunna confess, I bloody love the Effaclar Duo [+] and I can’t be without it! Especially around “that time of the month” when I start to get little break outs in my t-zone, it really helps to keep my skin in check, stops the dreaded spotties in their tracks and also helps control the oillyness in my t-zone. It even helps reduce the pores on my nose!
The write up on this says that “the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ anti-blemish cream is specifically formulated to target the key signs of oily, blemish-prone skin. Clinically tested to correct the appearance of blemishes, unclog pores and refine skin texture. This daily skincare solution is suitable even for sensitive skin.” I would have to say that’s a pretty darn accurate description! I have extremely sensitive skin and this really doesn’t irritate it at all.
I apply this morning and night just in the areas I need it most – I tend to steer clear of my cheeks and stick to just my forehead, nose and chin. I really do notice a difference straight away. The redness of my little blemishes disappear and practically go away within a day or 2!
I know this sounds kinda weird, but I also like to use the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ anti-blemish cream on my upper arms too. I live in an area with extremely hard water and sometimes suffer with horribly little bumps (sort of like little spots) on my upper arms – yuck I know! I put this on after I’ve showered and before my body moisturiser and within a couple of days I really notice a difference, the bumps all but disappear and my skin is so much smoother!
I don’t know how well this would work with Acne prone skin, as *touches wood a million times* I only suffer with the occasional blemish or breakout, but I would 100% recommend this product to anyone, it’s a great multi-tasking product! In fact I’ve recommended this to every one of my girlfriends and they’ve all come back and said how much they love it too! It really is a women’s secret weapon when it comes to skincare!
If you fancy winning yourself a tube of the magic that is the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ anti-blemish cream, make sure you follow my blog by either GFG or bloglovin, or both, and just leave a comment below with your name and email address (and maybe a little message too) and I’ll randomly select a winner on Sunday! Ps. This is actually my first little giveaway on my blog, ever! Eeep!
Hopefully this is a little something that has cheered your Monday up! xo
Another month, another bunch of products bites the dust! I can't remember the last time I did an empties post, but lately I've been trying to use up products before I buy any new ones. I quite like reading empties posts, if someone uses a product up completely, they can usually give a fairly accurate review of that product...
01. Mango Body Wash // There is nothing I love more than using a fresh smelling shower gel in the shower in the morning. I usually go for fresh fruity scents to try and wake myself up a bit. This one smells incredible… one of the reasons why I bought it! I think it’s a bit on the pricey side for a Boots own brand shower gel, so I’m not going to run out and repurchase right away when there are other cheaper (but just as good) options out there. But I will probably repurchase at some point in the future.
02. Mango Body Butter // I remember raving about this a month or so ago (you can check it out in my favourites here). The smell of this body butter is just as (if not more so) incredible than the body wash, if you love the smell of mangos like I do, then you will majorly heart this, trust me!! It sinks in fairly quickly, although not as quick as I would prefer, but it does leave my skin feeling hydrated and soft. I used this pretty much every night; I’ve been trying to get in to the habit of moisturising my body more! All in all, I would definitely recommend this body butter… at least go give it a whiff the next time you’re in boots!
03. Hydraluron // I think you all know how much I love Hydraluron/Indeed Labs products and I've raved about this particular beaut in my current skincare routine post here, so I won't go in to too much detail - but I love it and will definitely be repurchasing. Its a great serum for dehydrated and dry skin!
04. First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads // This is another product I've raved about on the blog before (here in my skincare routine and here in my favourites post). These were great for exfoliating and getting rid of the yucky dry skin cells and were actually quite gentle on my skin! I'm using something new at the moment, but when that runs out, these will definitely have to be repurchased! They're great for using around "that time of the month" to keep your skin in check!
05. Dove Invisible Deodorant // Its kinda weird, but I struggle to find deodorants that don't make my under arms itch, there must be something in deodorants that my skin doesn't like! Dove deodorants are the only ones that I find don't irritate my skin under there! I can honestly say that I will never deviate from this deodorant again, its a firm repurchase!!
06. L'Oreal Ultra Riche Replenishing and Taming Shampoo // This is my all time favourite Shampoo! Its sulphate free, smells amazing and leaves my hair incredibly soft. I can't remember how many bottles of this stuff I've been through. The next time your in Boots, Superdrug, Tesco, wherever, do yourself a favour and pick this up and just give it a go!
07. Dove Express Treatment Conditioner // This is the conditioner that comes out in 2 different colours, its white with a ribbon of gold running through it - which I'm guessing are the oils. I have long, fine and dry hair. This is by far the best conditioner I've ever used and I always have a back up in my stash. I rarely use any other conditioner! This baby is usually on offer in tesco. While you're there picking up the L'Oreal shampoo I just mentioned, pick this up too - its my winning hair combo!
08. Garnier Ultimate Blends Dry Shampoo // I'm a massive dry shampoo fan. I use it pretty much every other day and sometime use it on just washed hair to give it some extra va va voom. I absolute love this one. Ive had compliments on the smell - it smells just like a holiday, very coconuty and vanillary - and it doesn't leave that annoying white residue! This is up there as probably one of my all time favourite dry shampoos - alongside the CoLab Dry shampoo, obvs!
09. L'Oreal Elnett Volume Hairspray // I wanted a hairspray that would hold my style without making my hair feel all crunchy and crispy and like it would snap off ...this fits that bill totally! For a hairspray it actually smells quite nice too. The whole volume thing, I have to say I really don't notice a difference, but nonetheless, its a great hairspray, I already have a back up in my little hair stash!
If you have any more questions about the products mentioned, ping me a comment or an email - but I would recommend all of these products 100%! Hope all you lovelies had a great weekend! xo
© Sailor Stories... | All rights reserved.